Friday, June 24, 2011

Ponderings of the blog

I'll be honest and admit that I have been so busy and having such a great time here in Lee Vining that spending time recounting it all on the computer is difficult because there are so many other things I'd rather be doing! I guess some blogs can only last for so long. Soon I'll be too busy with school, where I hope to be doing an educational bird blog for the college campus, so maintaining two blogs would be even more difficult. My problem is there is just so much about the Mono Basin that I want to share with people out there. Perhaps when I finish my job in two weeks and have a lot more free time I will take the time some evening to sit down and compose a few pieces about the California Gulls and their nesting colony on Mono Lake, the Mono Basin Bird Chautauqua that went on here last weekend, what it feels like to find an elusive bird's nest unexpectedly, what the reverse sunset over the lake feels like, how blooming Desert Peach and Bitterbrush feed my soul, why the Mono Basin ecosystem is so important for birds and wildlife and humans, and why oh why I love Rush Creek so much.

Until then, bird on!

No comments:

Post a Comment